Sunday, February 1, 2009

program [space] list

okay.... here is an updated list of the program spaces the program group thought of/ what we discussed as a class. please look over the list and make any suggestions/comments since we need to start finalizing our list:


I.1 DEPARTMENTAL/FACULTY OFFICES
I.1.1 Faculty Office- Full Time
I.1.2 Faculty Offices- Adjunct
Grad Teaching Assistant[s]
I.1.3 Chair's Office
I.1.4 Administrative Assistant
I.1.5 Mailroom/Mailboxes
I.1.6 Copy/Work Room
I.1.7 Reception Area
I.1.8 Conference Room
I.1.9 Storage
I.1.10 Lounge
I.1.11 Bathroom


I.2 STUDIOS
I.2.1 1st Year Studio
1st Year Studio Community Area
I.2.2 2nd Year Studio
2nd Year Studio Community Area
I.2.3 3rd Year Studio
3rd Year Studio Community Area
I.2.4 4th Year Studio
4th Year Studio Community Area
I.2.5 5th Year Studio
5th Year Studio Community Area
I.2.6 Graduate Studio
Graduate Studio Community Area
I.2.7 Critique Space [1st + 2nd year studio]
Critique Space [3rd + 4th year studio]
Critique Space [5th + Graduate studio]
I.2.8 Conference Room
I.2.9 Student Lounge
Vending Machine Area
Lounge Area
Small Kitchen Area
I.2.10 Bike Storage
I.2.11 Supply Room/Scrap Room
I.2.12 Bathroom


I.3 RESOURCE
I.3.1 Materials Library/ Library
Design Research Center
Study Area
I.3.2 Digital Computer Lab
Printing Area
I.3.3 Printing Center
I.3.4 Prototype Lab
I.3.5 Movie Making Studio
I.3.6 Recycling Center


I.4 COMMUNITY SHARED SPACES
I.4.1 Café
Coffee Bar
Deli
Fast Food
I.4.2 Lobby/Atrium
I.4.3 Chapel/Meditation Room
I.4.4 Multi-Function/Event Space
I.4.5 Gym
Indoor Bike Storage/Changing Rms
I.4.6 Graffiti/Free Speech Area
I.4.7 Game Room
I.4.8 Bathroom



I.5 EDUCATIONAL SHARED SPACES
I.5.1 Gallery Space [large]
Gallery Space [2-small]
I.5.2 Book/Product Store
I.5.3 Auditorium/Lecture Hall
I.5.4 Music Room


I.6 EXTERIOR PROGRAM
I.6.1 Gathering Space
I.6.2 Underground Parking
I.6.3 Sidewalks
I.6.4 Bike Trails/Bike Racks
I.6.5 Pavilion [multi-function]
I.6.6 Bus Stops
I.6.7 Fountain
I.6.8 Park on Roof
I.6.9 Running Track
I.6.10 Greenhouse


I.7 RESIDENCE
I.7.1 Apartment Suites

1 comment:

  1. A video conferencing room? I saw you included apartments. It might be helpful to also put other uses under the inclusive heading of the "mixed use". After reading through some of the master planning (city and uncg) documents it seems there are plans for light rail stops/stations and recreational facilities related to the coliseum. I believe UNCG is also looking to expand its recreational capabilities (adjusting for the anticipated 24k students at the end of the decade). Perhaps one of the groups could pursue an appropriately scaled olympic type venue in conjunction with our studio program. Could it not be a shared venue by both the coliseum and university? It complicates things but it would be an interesting project to tackle. We should also do some minimal precedent work of buildings that provide these types of mixed uses, since it seems we have only focused on the academic/institutional side in that regard. Perhaps that can happen after we get into our project groups.

    ReplyDelete